[OM] Re: YADT: We'll have to watch this, Moose; was Re: Re: E-500 or E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: YADT: We'll have to watch this, Moose; was Re: Re: E-500 or E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:11:07 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> You do both - it's merely getting the right balance of sucking and
> blowing. :-)
Staying in the photography vein...

I've been thinking that one does need both, but that a filter is really
needed for incoming air in excess of that that is blown in.

I'm thinking a body cap with most of the the center cut out and covered
by a piece of filter material. Punch a hole for the vacuum in the cap
and don't cut that part away. Punch a little hole in the filter for the
air blaster of whatever sort to stir things up so they can be sucked
out. A setup like that might work for a problem like Joel's, where a lot
of dust needs to be removed from the mirror chamber.

The other thing I've been thinking about is static control when
dedusting. I've got an old static gun for vinyl I thought I might use
before dust blowing to discharge static, but haven't had a chance to try it.

Moose