[OM] [OT] HP's Slimming Camera

Subject: [OM] [OT] HP's Slimming Camera
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:53:19 +0200
Hi folks,

found that. Me thinks: Weren't we ALL waiting for
just that feature? Instead of refusing that snap of
aunt Creampie, our beloved cams now 'correct' those
displeasing features. Cool.

Oh, the article:

HP's SLIMMING CAMERA

Planning to lose that last 10 pounds? Instead of trading ice cream parfaits
for baby carrots, just switch cameras. Hewlett-Packard's new line of HP
digi-cams trims the fat for you. Using the US$300-to-$400 cameras' new
"slimming" feature, owners can make their subjects look 10 pounds thinner.
"It's a pretty subtle change we've built into the camera," says Karl
Wardrop, HP's digital imaging product manager. Like the fun-house mirror at
the carnival, the camera slims the center portion of photos and slightly
widens the outside edge to maintain perspective. Creative, eh?

Andreas