[OM] [very OT] To you music lovers in the UK: Virgin Clearance Sale

Subject: [OM] [very OT] To you music lovers in the UK: Virgin Clearance Sale
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:53:19 +0200
Hi folks in the UK,

a rock music newsletter reports this today:

VIRGIN MEGA CLEARANCE SALES IN UK

Virgin in the UK are having a massive sale on CDs this week. Everything is
£3.99 [with NO SALES TAX] no matter what the original price or format -
SACD, DVD-audio, Japanese mini-LP replica, or box sets. Multi-disc sets up
to three CD's are £3.99, four (or more) CD sets are priced higher. On the
racks are also a large number of imports from Australia, Germany, Japan, and
the US, on labels such as Repertoire, Raven, Wounded Bird, Rhino, etc.

An eyewitness reported at the Steve Hoffman forum that he saw "Byrds (solo
and original albums), Joni Mitchell, Badfinger (I got the Apple CD's at
last), Genesis, King Crimson, the Damned, The Who, Stones, Quicksilver
Messenger Service, Jefferson Airplane, T Rex, John Martyn, Napalm Death -
they have virtually everything, and each store has stacks of crates which
have not yet been opened." The clearance sale is in all Virgin stores, big
and small.

The other way of looking at this super sale is that it rings the death knell
for the CD. It is unlikely after such a massive clearance of CDs, Virgin is
preparing to restock these titles anytime soon. Look for Virgin to sell
"lifestyle" products.

I live in Germany, so I can't verify ...

Andreas