[OM] Re: YADT, 5D & twinge in the fundament

Subject: [OM] Re: YADT, 5D & twinge in the fundament
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 06:48:11 -0700 (PDT)
Dusty Shumaker wrote:
> http://www.airsprite.net/OM/dust_MG_3717.jpg
> http://www.airsprite.net/OM/dustcrop_MG_3717.jpg

Almost looks like "pepper grain" in scanned Provia film.

There are several factors that I'm thinking may be part of the
problem:

1. The telephoto lens (especially when extended for macro) is
essentially "telecentric".  Or put another way, if this was a
darkroom enlarger it would be a condensor enlarger.  Any
particles would be sharply defined as the light is a "point
source".

2. These spots look like they could be from a oily propellent.
are you sure that CO2 is contaminant free?

3. Do the spots move or smear when cleaned?  If they smear I'd
vote for lubricant.  If they move, I vote for clay or concrete
dust.  Is there any construction going on around you?  Even a
couple blocks away?

I'm not going to suggest anything about dumping Canon and
returning to the "enlightened".

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com