[OM] Re: YADT, 5D & twinge in the fundament

Subject: [OM] Re: YADT, 5D & twinge in the fundament
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:14:43 -0700
Nice photo!

I wonder if the CO2 could be blowing something out of the camera. With most
of the spots on one side, it would seem likely that it was a single event
... or something repetitive is happening.

Left side of image is the side where a horizontal shutter starts(?). The
start of the shutter movement throws off gunk?

Hmmm ... I wonder if Olympus would send me a 5D if I promise to post
numerous images of dust spots ...
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I suppose that is possible. There are plenty of aerosols in the air
that float around. It is not just dust. There is also  pollen
captured by aerosols or maybe sticky in their own right.

Most cleaning regimens include either or blow from air or the visible
dust brush to get the loose stuff which is most of it, but wet
cleaning is necessary to get the sticky bits.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA