[OM] Re: Wrong Camera, Right Time

Subject: [OM] Re: Wrong Camera, Right Time
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:04:41 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>
>> Still, it seems to me there is more in many of the images than
>> you are showing. I've taken the liberty of posting alternate
>> versions of four of your shots
>> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/GCanyon/index.htm>.
>>
> I really like what you did with the first one.
Thanks!
> These images were
> only converted in RSE and downsized for web display. Absolutely
> nothing else was done.  I like what LCE (local contrast
> enhancement -- ie a very wide and slight USM adjustment) did.
> Very few digital images could do without LCE.
I agree. Every once in a while, I run into one that gets much worse with
LCE. I'm getting so I sometmes of recognize them ahead of time.
> I tend to not do much with RSE files, though, because it already dows a slight
> bit of LCE as part of the conversion.

Not enough for most images, I think.
> Thanks for the ideas. #10 really came to life there with that
> selective mask.

That's the one that started me off. I kept looking at it and seeing
something more... I actually separated in into 3 areas, left the
foreground well enough alone and went to town on the other two.

Moose