[OM] Re: Turned out nice again.

Subject: [OM] Re: Turned out nice again.
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 13:36:04 +0100
On 15/04/06, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nice work, Ian.  I like 599, 602 & 613; they have the simplest
> composition and best lighting.  I would like 588 but for the need (in
> my view of course) for focus in a different area of the flower, or
> more depth of focus.

Ta,  I'd have liked to have used a smaller aperture for 588 (it was f/8) but
it was a bit breezy in that part of the garden when I took that, so I needed
to keep the shutter speed up a bit.  It calmed down a bit just after that so
I coudl get 595 with 1/50s.

I forgot to mention before, but the Seagull angle finder, whilst not the
greatest bit of optical kit in the world was very handy for these.  Also, it
needs a viewfinder adapter (it comes with 3 ) which, when fitted, just
happen to match the old OM viewfinder accessories, including the varimagni!
I'll try that next time.