[OM] Sarah_034 [was 4/4 fragment of my day]

Subject: [OM] Sarah_034 [was 4/4 fragment of my day]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:05:47 -0700
Wayne S wrote:
> If I go back to 1978 though, here is a shot of my then new
> daughter: http://www.zuik.net/Barbara/Sarah_034.jpg
> Very grainy Ektachrome.
Aside all the interesting things you were talking about, I've been
meaning to say how much I like this shot.

The kind of grain you have here is pretty easy to deal with, as it's in
an OOF area anyway. I just saved a separate copy and did a pretty heavy
grain reduction in NeatImage, brought it in as a top layer and erased
the area of the two heads to let them show through. Grain isn't a
problem in the bright and detailed main subjects anyway and this takes
care of it in the darker parts of the background, where it was most
noticeable <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Sarah34.htm>.

Of course, I couldn't resist cropping to tighten the focus and lose the
distracting bright areas on the sides and doing a bit of LCE and
curves...  Oh, and I dimmed that bright thing behind/above Sarah's head.
:-)

Moose