[OM] Re: Improving photos. (Was: Re: MFT meet in Brugges, Belgium report

Subject: [OM] Re: Improving photos. (Was: Re: MFT meet in Brugges, Belgium report (longisch))
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:17:17 -0700
I would add my endorsement of Ian Lyons site. Lots of help over the
years with very detailed articles. He takes nice photographs too.

I did not know about the creative pro site. I got a lot out of Bruce
Fraser's book on ACR. I will have to take a look at it. Thanks.

There are a lot of shorter, easy to understand how-to articles on the
Luminous Landscape site as well, some dating back to before
Reichmanns' conversion to digital. More for the novice, but a good
start.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/index.shtml
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/
index.shtml

He is generous too. For instance, his article on understanding local
contrast enhancement is very good, but he gives you links to
discussions of the same subject by other people.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA