[OM] Photographic Documentation of a Farm Implement

Subject: [OM] Photographic Documentation of a Farm Implement
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:07:18 -0700 (PDT)
Yesterday I spent a half-hour at my brother-in-law's farm and
photographed an old corn-harvester. The goal was to create a
photographic documentation of the implement, get some stock
shots as well as snag a few artistic shots as well.

For instructive reasons I have included the entire set (except
for duplicate shots) and my comments regarding each shot. I made
a few mistakes and didn't get enough overview shots, but it is
my hope that the comments will be helpful to anybody wondering
how to "see" pictures in some seemingly ugly or common objects.

All photographs were taken with the Olympus E-1 with the 14-54
lens.  I did utilize PROGRAM mode and used the program-shift
functionality to control DoF. As I was working handheld I did up
the ISO to 200. Conversion was done in RSE 2006 and the WB was
locked in with standard daylight, but I did increase the
saturation slightly to peal through the flatness a little as it
was a hazy day. 30% resizing (with sharpen) was done in PSE 3.0.
Absolutely no editing has been done to these photographs.

For the most part, this set of photographs is an example of how
I "work a scene".

http://www.image66media.com

Go to the Gallery, select Farm Implement - Photo Documentation.

Ken

http://mail.yahoo.com