[OM] : Re: Zuiko on topic sort of

Subject: [OM] : Re: Zuiko on topic sort of
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:47:55 +1200
Wayne Harridge wrote

> Nice buy Brian, should be interesting to see the results on the E-1.
>
> ...Wayne
and Andrew McPhee wrote
> Nice price Brian, and it looks to be in reasonable shape. As for the
> cloudy rear element didn't Walt recently show us photos taken with a
> zoom suffering the same blight that were spectacularly good?
>
> Andrew McPhee

There were two things I had in foremost in mind when deciding if I should go
for this lens;

The spectacular shots of feathered birds taken by Walt? with a Zuiko 500
mirror on an E-something, and the equally revealing E-something shots
taken by a cloudy-rear-element 65-200 Zuiko, which to my eyes blew the DZ
50-200 right out of the water.

I hope it goes well. I have asked the seller to hold off sending it for a week,
as I will soon be away for a few days at the wedding of my only niece living in
New Zealand, and since he requires it to be sent by a fast version of USPS, I
do not want it arriving when I am not here to take it from the hot hands of the
NZ Post parcels delivery guy - which could happen otherwise.

The price is under 50% of another "new" one which closed 18 hours after
this; and at $NZ 313 delivered it is less than #21260 Tokina 500mm f8 Mirror
OM + filter set + hood $395.00 at my local photo shop, and probably sharper
than the Tokina.

I'd like to try my hand at bird shots, and this lens seems to be the best long
focus option for the E-1 or any OM that I have seen or tried.

No doubt you will hear if I get something good out of it. :-))

Cheers, Brian