[OM] A what f-stop do diffraction issues set in?

Subject: [OM] A what f-stop do diffraction issues set in?
From: "James Royall" <jamesroyall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:28:53 +0100
I've had a search through emails I've saved and more widely can't find
this. I stuck my E300 on a tripod (a rare event in itself) with the
14-54 at 14mm on it. Going for some max depth of field (another relative
novelty) I went for f16, but find the results soft. I then remembered
(of course, after the event) that I didn't need to go to such a small
aperture as the DOF is increased and that I shouldn't go to small
apertures because of the said diffraction. So how small do you all go in
a wide-angle-landscape-type scenario with some foreground?

James
--
  James Royall
  jamesroyall@xxxxxxxxxxx