[OM] Re: Stuff: So you broke the lens off of your Olympus 5050 digitalca

Subject: [OM] Re: Stuff: So you broke the lens off of your Olympus 5050 digitalcamera + a question
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:43:35 -0300

>A C5050 lens repair tutorial...
>
> <http://www.lukemiller.org/journal/2005/03/so-you-broke-lens-off-of-your-olympus.html>
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Reminds me why I keep a Tiffen adapter tube on mine all the time. The only
problem then is to remember that it vignettes badly at the widest setting
when the in-camera flash is used. I have lots of pics to verify it :-(
But I haven't had to reinstall the lens yet.

A question though, does anyone know if Olympus is still doing the free sony
chip replacement for the C5050's? I've gone from initially hating my C5050
to now thinking I'm not sure how I could get by without it. Okay, if they've
made a similar camera that still takes AA's and doesn't have the horrible
shutter lag, please let me know.
Wayne