[OM] Kitchen pictures

Subject: [OM] Kitchen pictures
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:40:22 -0300
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/65171292

This a kitchen where they cooked breakfast for us one morning. It was a
little black inside, as the thatched roof served as the chimney, making it
quite smoky and sooty inside. Of course the darkness and smoke caused some
complications for taking pictures, as the flash reflected off the smoke in
the room, making the pictures sort of washed out. The autofocus was also
doing some searching, and a little window in the background that I was
trying to crop out of the picture was throwing off the lighting. Then there
was the problem of getting the subjects to cooperate. I suppose they weren't
used to posing for photos. I didn't notice the cat under the firebox, until
this evening, but I kind of like the added touch it gives. I forget what it
was they cooked for us; probably just as well.
Wayne