[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:05:49 +0000
Keep in mind the SSR is not a lightweight.  Lots of steel inside and
underneath, plus all that hardtop retracting mechanism, so it weighs in at 4760
lbs. unladen.  (I hear a Monty Python bit coming on.)  Compare that to my son's
600HP, 3400 lb. Corvette, or my 220HP 2550 lb. 300ZX, and you can understand
why I wanted a little more oomph than the stock LS2 6.0 liter V-8 provided.
With the basic 400HP engine, 0-60 times are about 5.2 sec.  With the new and
improved 510HP version, I'm expecting about 4.5 or so.  That's quick enough
that I won't be shaded by some rich Yuppie in a Porsche Cayenne, which gets to
60 in about 4.8 and costs over $100K.  We rednecks don't like to git outrun by
furrin vehickulars. :-)

I'm not really a hotrodder, though.  I haven't had a speeding ticket since
1960, when I was 19 and got clocked by radar at 128MPH in a '55 Chevy.  Thank
you, Cincinnati Microwave, for keeping me safe and free all these years!  :-)

And it sounds great, except for an occasional bit of belt squeal, which should
go away after a couple of hundred miles.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --