[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:49:20 -0400
Yeah, good ol' HP seems quite determined to 'compress' the life of
their products by starving the parts if not the supply chain.  Let me
guess - toner still available?

I have a commercial grade Lexar that keeps cranking away.  Toner cart
is so big and efficient I replaced it only twice in about eight years.
 Don't make 'em like that any more.

ScottGee1

On 4/21/06, Bill Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  New, gee-whiz super computer, and no f***ing parallel port!  Looks like
> I'm behind the times.  Again.  Am I the only one with still working,
> perfectly good old printers?
> Apparently. I just replaced my old HP 6L laser printer because it likes to
> take a handful of sheets of paper instead of one at a time. That wasn't much
> of a problem, because you could have some rollers replaced and everything
> was fine. Until they stopped making the rollers. A perfectly good printer
> with excellent print quality, now goes to a garage sale or something. I got
> another HP laser printer that cost more, has lower print quality, and
> probably won't last into next week.

SNIP!