[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:55:23 +0100
<snip>
Apparently. I just replaced my old HP 6L laser printer because it likes
take a handful of sheets of paper instead of one at a time. That wasn't
much
of a problem, because you could have some rollers replaced and
everything
was fine. Until they stopped making the rollers. A perfectly good
printer
with excellent print quality, now goes to a garage sale or something. I
got
another HP laser printer that cost more, has lower print quality, and
probably won't last into next week.
</snip>

Damn.  I have two 6L printers (recovered from the little-known hardware
store known as "the skip") which seem fine apart from this problem.
Also one 5L which I bought new to print my final-year Uni project on
years ago, still going strong.  Sadly, all 3 suffer or have suffered
from the multiple sheets problem.  The 5L had a new set of rollers and
was sent to live with my parents.  I believe the rollers were for a
canon (same printer underneath).  Was going to try the same on the 6Ls.
Roller set cost me £7 delivered, which seemed like a bargain.
Especially if I could get 2 6Ls going for that.  Now you're saying I
can't get them anymore ?

Jon