[OM] Re: Another kitchen

Subject: [OM] Re: Another kitchen
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:24:12 -0300
Amazing for me at least.
It's not due to cost, I've been into beautiful/expensive kitchens though I
don't own one myself. Never been in the US, but in some European and South
American homes. Different kinds of ceramic floors are preferred for kitchen
use, AFAIK.
Here, several kinds of eucalypt are used for floor woodwork (we have so much
eucalypt that we're curently having a bad time with Argentina regarding its
processing), but local Architects simply don't consider it for a kitchen
floor. Good sealing products are available too, and as a matter of fact I
sometimes do this kind of work myself.
Oak is another story, it doesn't grow here and is quite expensive so its use
is preferred for furniture _ more often in the first half of the XXth
century than now. My desk and library are real oak, as are several pieces of
furniture of my living-room, those pieces were my father's and grandfather's
respectively. I restored them myself.

Fernando.

PS: since we've drifted off topic again, it would do no harm to comment that
I've just read that a highly regarded Orson Welles's film (Mr.Arkadin) was
restored and available in the US. Liked it a lot some years ago (needless to
say, I'm abig fan of Mr. Welles)