[OM] Re: OT: Places to eat

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Places to eat
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:25:02 -0500
On 4/21/06, Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We're leaving Sunday on an extended trip to the southwest
> (USA).  We'll be spending some time in Colorado and New Mexico and a
> lot of time in Utah and Arizona.  I've researched the places that I
> intend to visit and photograph but was wondering if any list members
> have some favorite eating places that they'd recommend.  Some of the
> towns that we will be staying overnight in are: Grand Junction,
> Colorado; Green River, Utah; Torrey, Utah; Moab, Utah; Mexican Hat,
> Utah; Springdale, Utah; Page, Arizona and Chinle, Arizona.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions -
> Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I'm the worst in the world to respond to this because I eat a lot of
granola bars and nuts when I travel out west. Once in a while I catch
one of those "Grand Slam Slugger" type eggs and pancakes meals, easy
to do in Moab or Page, where there's a Denny's, but there's a lot in
Moab and Page -- relatively speaking.  Springdale has several places:
the Pioneer is good.  Between Torrey and the ranger station at Capitol
Reef is a good restaurant on the north side of the road -- don't
remember the name.  Mexican Hat I don't know what you'll find -- keep
going to Chinle, I'd say (for McDonalds and Taco Bell, sorry).  Page
has a lot of options.  In Grand Junction I've only eaten at the Subway
at exit 17 (I think).

It sounds like you're going to Zion, so if you venture up to Bryce
(why wouldn't you?), Ruby's is great -- and it's fortunate too, as
it's the only show in town (and there's no town either).

Minor tip:  you can go about as fast as you want anywhere in the four
corners area, but slow down to the speed limits in the towns,
especially at night, because of speed traps.

Have a great time!

Joel W.