[OM] Re: OT - Floors and Finishes WAS Re: Another kitchen

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Floors and Finishes WAS Re: Another kitchen
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:41:46 -0700
This is what I used on the floor.
http://www.basiccoatings.com/asp/homeowners/prod_streetshoe.asp

A note about jarrah. It's murder on tools! And it weighs a ton. Put up
some big beams in a house on the neighboring island, what a PITA!.
Another imported wood gaining popularity is Lyptus, trademarked name for
a fast growing plantation grown eucalyptus hybrid of some kind. Comes
from down Fernando's way somewhere. Southern Brazil I think. Very hard
and durable plus one isn't contributing to the further destruction of
the remaining rain forest. Much prefer it to the Bolivian Cherry
(Jatoba) that just went down in my current project.

Mike