[OM] Re: Places to eat

Subject: [OM] Re: Places to eat
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:23:59 -0600
At 08:27 PM 22/04/2006, Elizabeth wrote:

>Johnny,
>
>I'm from Albuquerque.  If you're in NM, you must eat at  LotaBurger.  They
>make the best Green Chile Cheeseburgers.  I still  dream of them here in PA.

Well.  I'm not from NM, but in my not-so-humble opinion, the best
Green Chile Cheeseburgers (GCCs) are actually made at a little
hole-in-the-wall called The Owl Bar and Cafe in San Antonio, about a
mile north of the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge.  Testify!

The Owl is obliquely related to Conrad Hilton (father of the infamous
Paris and lesser-known as some kind of hotelier   ;-) ), and I've
never found a GCC to equal The Owl's.  Dunno what makes 'em so damn
good, but after much experimentation, I and some friends have managed
to create a reasonable facsimile up here in the land of the six-month
winter.  Mmmmmm, tastes like sunshine and wide open skies.  Hmmm,
much like Calgary!

Garth