[OM] Re: Computer moron reporting progress

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer moron reporting progress
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:23:21 +0000
Hey, it's the British, as I recall, who started this "the team are ready" and
"the family are here" kind of stuff, while I learned to say, and still would,
"the team," "team" being a singular thing, "IS ready," and "the family IS
here," and so forth.  So, why shouldn't I be able to cross over and say "a
dozen are there," or, as I did, "there are an even dozen."  I've been corrupted
by watching all those Britcoms, which (have)(has) brought about confusement in
terms of singular and plural.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from