[OM] Re: OT Nikon sales attitude

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Nikon sales attitude
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:19:12 +0100
Aside from the question you pose, James, I see that you may be misleading
yourself by the answer from HM Customs.

I don't know about the duty (but I do know that even on film camera
equipment the duty is only about 5%) but even if it is zero, you *will* have
to pay the VAT on import, at 17.5% of landed value (in other words, purchase
price + shipping cost).

Look out!

--
Piers