[OM] Re: Computer moron reporting progress

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer moron reporting progress
From: "Toona" <toona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:37:01 +1000
Hello all,

On one of my periodic excursions from lurking in the shadows...it is Anzac
Day tomorrow and in the great Aussie spirit of things, I am not working
today, so can indulge in the pleasures of the internet!

Probably can't get to a two-up game tomorrow, but will think of my
grandfather who was an original Anzac.

Will comment on 2 of my interests...words and wood. Words here:

Walt said: "I've been corrupted by watching all those Britcoms, which
(have)(has) brought about confusement in terms of singular and plural. :-)"

This is funny, as I have perceived our American friends to be sometimes
confused ones, like they are in tense as well!

Like why is it math when it is mathematics, not mathematic? Or sports
(rather than sport) when talking about sport as a single thing, albeit made
up of other things (like a family).

Perhaps us colonials should just blame the British...

Nick