[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:38:40 -0700 (PDT)
> That's why I'm still holding onto my old HP
> 1220c for wide format printing.  Sure it's only four-color,
> but the ink is dirt cheap compared to the other stuff out
> there.

Yesterday I had to refill all but one tank in my Canon S9000. I
get my bulk inks from MIS Inks.  While filling the tanks, I
finally exhausted three of the colors.  Guess it's about time to
reorder.  Oh, wait... There's the shipping tag. I last ordered
inks last July and it cost me a whopping $39.  And that was for
the entire kit with syringes and everything.  This order will be
much less, since I only need the inks.

Now, to put thinks in comparison, between Jan 1 and July 10 of
last year I spent almost $130 on ink tanks for the S9000. I
haven't bought a single tank since then.  My cost-per-page is
now obscenely low.

Granted, I don't do nearly as many final-prints with the S9000
as I send that out to a prolab, but the printer is used for any
and every multicolor one-off, brochure, POS display and anything
else the girls want to print off.  Just in the past 24 hours it
has printed over 200 pages with an average of 20% ink coverage.
If I was still buying Canon cartridges, that would have
exhausted over $60 USD worth of ink.  I calculate that with bulk
inks, it cost me less than $6 USD. As the tanks are totally
"passive" and not "chipped", the Canon printer is one of the
most perfect bulk load printers out there.  It also is very
fast.

When I get around to buying another printer, Canon will still be
at the top of my list. Hopefully I can get another year out of
this one, though.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com