[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: "Matthew Bristol" <bristolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:47:16 -0500
It's good to here that there are starting to be quality bulk refill ink
out there.  It used to be that the 3rd party inks had color matching
problems, and the results were less than pleasant.

I wonder if there are decent 3rd party replacements for the Epson K3
inks.  I'm lusting after an R2400.  The big seller for me on that are
the gray inks.  If you have never seen a side by side comparison of
standard inks vs. grayscale inks in a print, you'll be amazed.  I would
already own one of the HP's with the grays cartridge, but the
three-color ink cartridge model is stupid and expensive.  Since most of
my B&W prints are of orchid flowers against a black background, the
black ink would be consumed much more quickly than the two grays.  The
R2400 is the only printer I've noticed out there that has grey inks AND
separate ink tanks.