[OM] another kitchen, well sort of

Subject: [OM] another kitchen, well sort of
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:17:58 -0300
As I said before, in the mountain villages they always offer you food.
Sometimes the kitchen and the slaughter house aren't far apart in distance
or time. In one village they killed this alpaca for us.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66093736
and here is the fire pit where it would be cooked.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66093744
The fire heats up rocks, then the stuff to be cooked is placed among the hot
rocks, and all is buried with grass and dirt, and left to cook.

Here in another village, they are taking the cooked potatoes out from among
the hot rocks
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66096678
The meat (from a sheep this time) was put into a wheelbarrow, and from the
bags of cooked potatoes and wheelbarrow load of meat, they made up dishes of
food for us.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66096682

Here is a Quechua couple working on some of the meat.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66120212
Yes, you have to work with it a bit, but it tastes all right.

The dogs, always in abundance, are never far away at meal time- makes one
wish for the .223.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66123848

Here is the plate of food they gave to me, with the piece of mutton they had
cooked in the ground. They eat potatoes two or sometimes even three times a
day, and seem to serve up a few more than I'm used to. It's not unusual for
them to give you 10 to 15 potatoes in your dish.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66120215

Anyways, unlike Walt's, my new Dell isn't a super computer, just an ordinary
one. I still can't get my photo software loaded, so I'm trying to work with
Camedia, a bit of a pain, and the free trial Corel Photo stuff that came
with this machine. Neither is the best to work with, and I sure am not any
help either with my limited knowledge of this stuff, so I might not post any
more for a while until I can get this computer working better.
Wayne