[OM] Re: another kitchen, well sort of

Subject: [OM] Re: another kitchen, well sort of
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:34:59 -0300

> Looks like the dish is served in some sort of late model flash diffuser
> :-)
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Everything gets a new life in these remote villages. There is no recycling,
just re-using :-)
You don't discard even a plastic two-litre pop bottle (okay, soda for you
Americans), as someone finds a use for it.
The competition really heats up for an empty plastic peanut butter bottle.
We take several jars of peanut butter with us, as what's available there
isn't quite the same. So the empty bottles are something they don't have.
I always have some Altoids with me, those curious little spicy candies made
in England that come in a real honest tin can. To them, the can is more
valued than the candy.

But I will say that is the first time we've been served in those disposable
plastic things. Usually they serve us in enameled tin bowls about the size
of a dog-dish. This picture is in another village where we had a choice
between meat and potatoes, or fish and rice and potatoes. A stream ran
through the village, so they had fish there. It was quite good.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1376066/1/66222807

Wayne