[OM] Re: Workout - Day 1

Subject: [OM] Re: Workout - Day 1
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:16:15 +1000
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> I probably haven't taken that many photographs in the last
> year.  Despite a steady stream of new gear, mostly bought in
> a futile attempt to keep me interested, I'm stuck in a
> recurring "photo phunk,"[...]
>
> I shoot digital, download it, look at it, mutter to myself
> that, yeah, that's nice, then delete it.  I haven't printed
> anything in six months.[...]
>
> Walt, uninspired and, I'm sure, uninspiring :-[

Change the time periods, and I'm in a similar boat. It's not
just digital for me, nor even photography; it's just a general
malaise of mediocrity in any creative endeavour. I've written
poems and short stories that, unlike other times (most times)
when I've thought they were crap but keep them as a "learning"
point, I've completely deleted from every possible place so
that I don't have to look at them again. Photography is
the same, reflected most closely in your comment about not
printing anything (but using my gear-headish access to funds
and retailers as compensation and attempted inspiration).

This is, of course, no help to you Walt, even if the malaise
was identical your own. I'm just looking for someone to shout
the next round, so I've got another beer to cry into.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz