[OM] Re: Seattle meeting of the clan WAS Re: camera show in Seattle

Subject: [OM] Re: Seattle meeting of the clan WAS Re: camera show in Seattle
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:24:59 -0700
That's a great idea Larry. I've never been to Collins Pub. I'm not
sure why Pioneer Square is just not on my radar, but it is an
interesting and fun area, and as you say, an easy walk from the
Market. Shall we say Collins Pub at 3pm then?

Bill, if you're down that way earlier in the day, take the
Underground Tour. It is touristy, but if you're at all interested in
history and urban archeology, it's quite a treat. At some point after
the big fire of 1889 I think it was, most of the Pioneer Square area
was re-graded, and second floors became first floors, leaving an
entire streetscape underground. Seattle is famous for these kinds of
extravagant engineering projects. We washed away an entire hill
downtown, for example.

-Rob in Seattle