[OM] Re: Workout - Day 3

Subject: [OM] Re: Workout - Day 3
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:12:25 -0700 (PDT)
> OK, *that* one REALLY sounds like an urban (jungle?) legend.

Every urban legend has some basis in truth.  I've wanted to
trample a few cameras with their obnoxious beeps, clicks and
faux Nikon F4 with motordrive sounds.

On a related note, last night I was photographing the
proceedings with my 285HV set on telephoto. At ISO 400, it gives
me plenty of reach and punch. Well, I watched a few people with
their pipsqueek pocket digitals with their hideous pre-flash
sequences.  From the time they press the shutter release, it
takes the camera two seconds to figure out what it's supposed to
do, another two seconds of flickering to prevent redeye and then
a preflash for exposure determination followed by the most
whimpy flash for a perfect exposure of the back of the heads of
the people in front of them.  Meanwhile Elvis has long since
left the building.

Barnum was wrong--It's more like every 30 seconds.

AG-egress-Schnozz

http://mail.yahoo.com