[OM] Re: My Olympus DSLR rant

Subject: [OM] Re: My Olympus DSLR rant
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:55:53 +0200
Yes, some thoughts:

The E-1 shows less noise than film on any compared iso (from iso
100-1600).
The 50 f2 is a very nice lens, and almost never comes off my E-1.
(except for something wider: 11-22, or longer)
There will be a 30mm f1.4 soon from sigma, I hope they get QC right,
and that the lens will perform well.

The E-1 at iso 400-800 combined with the 50f2 is already a good
available light combo.

The E-1 is wheather sealed, and non of the other mentioned cameras is.
That is a VERY big plus to me. I can leave the camera in the wet grass
next to me on a bbqwithout having to worry, can leave in mist, snow and
rain. In our humid climate I really like this "feature".
The OM-3 and 4 were already very good in this respect.

I had the same feeling about high iso as you in the beginning, but then
compared to my film images, and got used to the E-1.

Now I'm patient, and will see what the future brings.

some late iso 400-800 images:

http://iwert.zoto.com/galleries/bbq2006/2

(the portraits and interior details are at 400/800)

Just my thougts!

Iwert.

snip - Big rant - snip