[OM] Re: My Olympus DSLR rant

Subject: [OM] Re: My Olympus DSLR rant
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:42:27 -0700 (PDT)
> I now have one camera and a few lenses. It does what I need.
> Nothing to do with my sense of self. The technology works and
> the results speak for themselves.

You are absolutely correct. My ability to squeeze every last
ounce and then some from a given technology is more a function
of need and not want.  I personally can't afford the
latest/greatest, so I have to counteract that somehow.  It is
ludicrous to expect others to "suffer" needlessly to mirror my
own actions.  You made the right choice--the equipment and
workflow match your specific needs better.

A computer system has what?  An Input, a Process and an Output.
As it pertains to photography:  Output is size and usage. I made
a judgement call on that which I apologize for. The Process is
your workflow. Sometimes in-camera JPEG is the ideal workflow
with the camera directly producing print-ready files. The Input
is the camera system's capture "skills" and "capabilities". The
E-1 is a real dog in some areas. Other areas it shines.  ISO and
AF performance are part of this area.

It's a good think I CAN'T afford to buy a new system right now.
If I did, I'd be getting the latest/greatest myself.  Yes, I'm a
hyprocrite.

:)

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com