[OM] Re: I have relented ....

Subject: [OM] Re: I have relented ....
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:28:08 +0200
>As always, I like to proof with samples, just download the Bibble 4.7,
>shot with E-300 and DZ50/2, camera default, no sharpening:
>
>http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/Bibble.jpg
>
>http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/olympus.jpg
>
>I don't think they are the same, it is even not easy to PS the Bibble one to
>get the same like Olympus RAW. My wife and young son both immediately
>identified the Olympus one has more accurate color (compared with the
>actual subject).
>
>C.H.Ling

I agree that the Olympus software gives good colors. But the interface does not
suit me, and it is very slow. Bibble as well does not suit me, I tried it two
times and cannot overcome the initial repulsion... It may look OK on a PC, but
it looks like an eyesore on the Mac, almost nothing looks like a standard
interface element, truly ghastly. Why struggle with this when there are good
alternatives?

I have purchased and am trying out Raw Developer these days, in parallel with
Capture One LE, and I like what I see. Good color, nice sharp pictures, and the
interface is pleasant. I still prefer the workflow of Capture One, but seem to
get better resaults with Raw Developer. Raw Developer is Mac only.

Look up these reviews:
http://www.outbackphoto.com/artofraw/raw_28/essay.html
http://www.auspiciousdragon.net/photography/articles/photoarticle025.html

Bernard