[OM] [photoconservation] Kodak's new Preservation CDs & DVDs

Subject: [OM] [photoconservation] Kodak's new Preservation CDs & DVDs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 07:42:55 -0400
Cc: Pierre Chiha <photo@xxxxxxxxxx>, Holly Bloomfield <BloomHome@xxxxxxx>, Jim Coutre <Jim.Coutre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Apparently there is a photo conservation mail list on Yahoo.  I spotted
this tale there after someone cross posted it to the Kiron-Klub mail
list on Yahoo.  It appears that there is a Kodak spin-off company called
  KMP Media operating out of Rochester and they have brought back the
Kodak gold CD and (now) DVD under the title of Preservation CD's and
DVD's.

The KMP Media link is near the end of the story below.  I found the
Kodak CD's (but not the DVD's) for sale at
<http://www.datamediastore.com/datamediastore/29150.html> for USD 113.99
per hundred with lower prices available for quantity purchases.

Data Media Store also sells MAM-A gold archival media (both CD and DVD)
at similar prices.  DVD's cost about twice as much and have a lower
rated lifetime (but still estimated at 50 years)
<http://www.datamediastore.com/mamamitsui.html>

Chuck Norcutt