[OM] Re: : Re: [photoconservation] Kodak's new Preservation CDs & DVDs

Subject: [OM] Re: : Re: [photoconservation] Kodak's new Preservation CDs & DVDs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 13:59:55 -0400
I can't find any mention of it anywhere, legend or no.  Apparently the
person who told you this is keeping it to himself.  The NIST document on
storage makes absolutely no mention of dye "flowing".  The only mention
of "flow" is data flowing on and off the disc as it's being read or written.

Actually, I think most dyes are really solids.  We probably think of
them as liquid when they are in solvent or water solutions to dye
fabrics and other materials.  I think you'll find the dye is fading on
your blue jeans but I don't think it will flow off.

Chuck Norcutt