[OM] Re: E-500 manual mode problem - update!

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 manual mode problem - update!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 14:12:58 -0400
Since the observed behavior is "no aperture", applying "Occam's razor",
  I think dirty lens/camera contacts is the most likely culprit.  Clean
up with a little alchohol.  The loss of electrical contact between lens
and camera is fairly common with Canon cameras also.  There it usually
exhibits itself as "Err 99" which is a generic electrical fault.

I think the low light and first use of a different battery are probably
innocent bystanders.  A low or defective battery might cause problems
but I think this is unlikely from your new Energizer.

After cleaning the contacts on lens and camera keep using the same lens
and battery as much as possible to see if the problem recurs.  If it
does change one or the other but not both at the same time.

Chuck Norcutt