[OM] Re: Screen Profiling (was: Film Profiling)

Subject: [OM] Re: Screen Profiling (was: Film Profiling)
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 06:48:14 -0500
On 5/2/06, Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 07:00:43PM +0100, Chris Barker wrote:
> > I have just been bought a Huey calibration gizmo and it works nicely
> > on my Mac with CRT.  Soon I will have fully matched monitor and
> > printer ... :-)
>
> Talking about screen profiling, are there any profiling tools that can
> be / cannot be recommended? (E.g. ColorVision Spyder2, ...) And what's
> a fair price?
>
> Nils

I have an ancient Colorvision spyder (from a time before they were
spyders), still working great.  It doesn't work with LCD monitors, so
I also purchased a Pantone Huey for those occasions when I am on
laptop or at work.  I keep the Huey at work.  It is very easy to use
and offers more flexibility in terms of settings as well as works with
all types of monitors.  It has a continuous adjustment feature which
adjusts the monitor as light changes.  This works well with window
light.  I find it gets snookered by flourescent lighting however and
just leave the continuous adjustment feature turned off in the my
current work location.  The Huey is pretty cheap at about $80USD.

Joel W.