[OM] [OT] changing the foam of a Canonet QL17

Subject: [OM] [OT] changing the foam of a Canonet QL17
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:44:23 +0200
As some expressed a bit of interest, here are my first pictures with the
canonet, and coincidentaly, my first scans with an epson filmscan 200 (I
know, low resolution, old hardware, etc., but who can resist a 20$
bargain ?). Good news : the camera works perfectly ; bad news, I don't know
yet how to use it. Some of my backgrounds are very soft because I didn't set
the focus correctly enough, but it has nothing to see with the lens, which
is /sharp/. Included is a picture of myself, not qualified for Tope #1
because I used a humanoid remote control otherwise known as "girlfriend" or
"wife" ; it's not because I like so much to display myself, but I find the
overall picture good enough to show the qualities of the camera at short
range.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/m-viet/berck20060501/

Now on my TODO list : 1st, think of the sand to be a real meter trap. I
obviously forgot it. 2nd, make more tests with the scanner. I've scanned most
of the gallery in b&w, with the epson driver on a pre-historical MacIntosh
G3. Then, I ran into that :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/m-viet/berck20060501/17-berck-plage-surex.jpg and I
tried to scan it as a color negative, which yielded that :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/m-viet/berck20060501/img007.jpeg (after conversion to
greyscale in PS). So, contrary to some opinions, there IS a difference for at
least some scanners wether you scan in color or b&w.

All in all, the experience is worth it, but there's hard work ahead.

--
Manuel Viet