[OM] Re: Screen Profiling

Subject: [OM] Re: Screen Profiling
From: james king <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:02:03 +0100
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On 5/2/06, Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 07:00:43PM +0100, Chris Barker wrote:
>>
>>>I have just been bought a Huey calibration gizmo and it works nicely
>>>on my Mac with CRT.  Soon I will have fully matched monitor and
>>>printer ... :-)
>>
>>Talking about screen profiling, are there any profiling tools that can
>>be / cannot be recommended? (E.g. ColorVision Spyder2, ...) And what's
>>a fair price?

I have a spyder 2 It seems to work and does an reasonable job. Not
having had another profiler I can't say if it is good or not. I think I
paid 200 pounds for the pro edition. the profiles it makes are faily
basic, disassembling the ICC profile does not show much in the way of
gamult information. It stores the white point and curves for the
requested gamma. The spyder 2 takes a while to warm up (~ 30 mins using
it before that gives a colour cast simply remeasuring ever 5 minutes
shows the slow drift towards stability). But then the minitor needs time
to warm up too. The software is basic but easy to use and robust and it
runs on my windows XP box no problem.
James