[OM] Sigma 16mm LB filter

Subject: [OM] Sigma 16mm LB filter
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 19:59:44 -0700
I just picked up a Sigma 16mm f2.8 from a list member (thanks Paul).
One of the internal filters is marked LB-180.  I know that this is a
tungsten to daylight filter. I am curious if anyone knows the strength of
correction.  I made a guess that the 180 might refer to the mired value
which would be an 80A + an 82C.  Viewing a bright source and shifting the LB
filter into place seems to drop the meter 2 stops which would indicate an
80A strength not an 80A + 82C (2 and 2/3rd).  Anyone got insight?  It
probably is 80A, just curious.

And no snickering from the digital gallery with auto white balance.  We be
talkin' film user here.

Jay - keeping Kodak going, 1 roll at a time.

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets