[OM] Re: I have relented ....

Subject: [OM] Re: I have relented ....
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 17:48:53 +0200
After this posting I downloaded raw developer but I am finding it
terribly slow each movement pops up a timer window.   I have just
discovered the batch convert options in Iview (still under evaluation
after a list member mentioned it) which I am finding to be my favourite
tool at the moment.

Like walt I have been busy under the hood - but I got 3-4 times the
performance for only a few hundred dollars :-)

My old mac G4 which was a 400 Mhp is now sporting a dual 1.8Ghp G4
sonnet upgrade and a dual layer DVD writer. Graphics card arrived today
and will be installed tonight. It was very noisy so I have been
replacing the blowers. Jury is out at the moment on whether it was worth
it as it's cost me about half of what dual G5 would have cost for just
over half the performance, which of course is enough only for the first
two days :-( . It is also still a bit too loud so still working on the
mufflers.

IanW