[OM] Re: #084

Subject: [OM] Re: #084
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:12:32 -0300
Hi Graham:

During our just completed UK trip my wife and I stopped for a coffee at a
Little Chef on the A38 just south west of Burton Upon Trent near
Burton-under-Needwood I think it was and saw a large collection of o43.html
like barges in the nearby docking basin on the River Trent. Are any of your
barge photos taken in this locality?

The previous day we visited the locks on the Grand Union Canal at Hatton
just north west of Warwick on the A4177 to see the almost thirty locks
through which 043.html like barges pass.

Only when one sees these barges in real life does one really appreciate the
majesty of these vessels, if that is the right word, and realize, perhaps,
the important contribution they made in the growth of the UK's economy in
the 1800s.

John