[OM] Re: MY NEW WEBSITE FINISHED!... YAY!!! :-)

Subject: [OM] Re: MY NEW WEBSITE FINISHED!... YAY!!! :-)
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:16:40 +1000
A couple of suggestions...

have the site hosted at http://home.iprimus.com.au/boldbolty/

Host the site using your 'proper' domain name, it looks more
professional.  Web hosting packages where you can use your domain name
are dead cheap...

Email and counter at bottom of pages:
Unnecessary clutter. You have a 'Contact' link on the top navigation
menu which is enough.  And if you get a web hosting package you'll have
stats coming out your a**.

Black background with white text:
Very hard on the eyes. Yes, it looks classy but readers tire easily (one
reason I don't loiter long at luminous-landscape - great content but too
hard on the eyes). A white background with black text is much more
readable and IMHO looks just as classy.

Under Construction pages:
Don't have pages on the site that have nothing on them. Take 'em off
quick. Unprofessional.

Copy writing:
The text reads well, but I'd change the '&' symbols to 'and'.

Email:
Lose the hotmail address, use something like
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Much more impressive.

Gallery:
I support what Moose said about the tiny thumbnails - you want to make
it as easy as possible for potential customers to see your work.  Don't
annoy them with 'cool' effects.  And remember that not everybody has the
Flash player installed but every browser out there supports .html and
.jpg files.

More on the Gallery:
Darned impressive photography...so good!

Hope this helps,
Andrew McPhee
<down in chilly Victoria>