[OM] Re: Creativity, Photo funk, etc. [was Workout - Day 1]

Subject: [OM] Re: Creativity, Photo funk, etc. [was Workout - Day 1]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 21:47:58 -0700
Jeff Keller wrote:
> Out of the people shots I thought
> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/GGPark/People/pages/PE09.htm
> was quite good.
Yeah, I like the questions it raises in my mind.
> The one you like has too much interaction with the
> photographer for my taste.

No as much as it appears. That's one thing I have noticed, but don't
know about using positively in people shots, the assumptions the viewer
makes about what was going on.

In this case, it's not entirely clear whether the fellow is staring at
me, disturbed at what I am doing, as it may appear, especially in the
close crop. The wider view is the full width of the image, but was taken
with the 35 mm eq. of 190 mm, so I wasn't very close. Also, I wasn't the
only thing or person to see in that direction. I've added a 'reverse
angle' shot, both full frame and cropped to full pixel to the end of the
Scenics gallery (to avoid confusion from changing the numbers).
<cid:part1.04090300.04050008@gmail.com> You can see the two flower beds
they were between and get an idea of what they would see in that
direction. I was near the top center of the stairs, leaning an elbow on
the railing to steady the shot and I seem to recall there were others
people on the stairs. There were considerably larger and more
interesting things to see than me, so it may simply be the dark glasses
and direction of his head that lead to the assumption of an interaction.
> I actually like the frescoes and carvings the most. Very nice Moose!

Thanks! You are close by SF, aren't you? I highly recommend a trip to
the Beach Chalet. There is a restaurant upstairs, with view out over
ocean beach and which smelled great. Based on what we wanted to try off
the menus, we opted for the second restaurant, downstairs in the back,
It is almost all glass on three sides, overlooking a lawn where one may
also eat or drink, with the wild edge of the park behind that. The wild
mushroom and goat cheese pizza we had was astonishingly good, no sauce
and a very thin crust that went crispy like a cracker at the edges.
Strong, full, wonderful flavors from the 'shrooms and cheese. The
chopped salad was very good and not so big, so we ordered a second. And
you can see the frescoes and carvings in person!

Moose