[OM] Re: [OT] changing the foam of a Canonet QL17

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] changing the foam of a Canonet QL17
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:40:51 +1000

> Another Rodinal fan, I see. Good.

So what happens to Rodinal now that Agfa are out of it ?

> Then I tried PanF. I thought at 50ASA this would be fine
> grained and nicely detailed. Which it mostly is, except for
> something like the first below, which has a rather
> disconcerting absence of detail in some of the faces, and
> elsewhere. It is underexposed, but I didn't think enough to
> cause this.

I haven't used much Pan-F but it's all been in Rodinal at the Agfa
recommended time/temp and I found the same thing - a general lack of shadow
detail.  I guess there are a few possible explanations:

o Pan-F & Rodinal doesn't give the ISO 50 as stated.
o Agfa have given the wrong development time.

FP-4 & HP-5 always seem to develop out with good density & contrast.

...Wayne