[OM] Re: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 11:02:13 +1000
Which one? I assume that you mean the 90mm Macro. Two versions -
early metal body with 49mm filter size and later plastic body with
55mm filter size. Both versions have a reputation for being VERY
sharp. Some prefer the earlier because it is more robust - some the
later because it's younger and a bit prettier. Both have claims to be
better optically - I don't know who's right.
The 1:1 life-size 'add-on' is an automatic extension tube about
30-35mm long - hard to find but may cheap auto extension tube sets
have a 36mm tube which will do just as well - they're optically
identical! :)
Did you get the hood with it (I may have one).
Same mount cam be used with both lenses but they are a bit of a
nuisance to switch over - cheap enough to get another mount really.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx