[OM] Re: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM
From: paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 21:08:41 +0100
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>You speak the truth about it being a friendly place to hang out.   There are
>others sites, which remain un-named, that do not have that  reputation.  Photo
>Camel is worth a visit.  Another one worth a plug  is the f295 site for
>pinhole images.  These are cut from similar bolts of  cloth.

Thanks for the positive feedback Bill. I've also been around the f295
site a few times and like what I see.

>Anyway, gratuitous plug over with, here are a few random  examples:
>
>90mm + extension tube on an  E-1
>http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,2263.msg16096.html#msg16096
>http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,3829.msg26417.html#msg26417
>(not entirely sure if the tube was used on this one...)
>_http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,4286.msg29630.html#msg29630_
>(http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,4286.msg29630.html#msg29630)
>
>Hmm, I would say these answer the question about the use of "old" Tamron SP
>lenses on the e-1 or e series cameras.  Guess it also answers it for other
>cameras.  Bill Barber

I think they do. Even better, I find that when used on the E-330 in 'B'
mode (manual focus, LCD image straight from sensor) the differences
between the current ZD and the 'classic' lenses mostly disappear. You
get to see DoF without any dimming when stopping down. It's a great
camera for rediscovering and enjoying some of my OM mount lenses. It's
even prompted me to load up my OM4ti with some Ilford just to get back
to that way of working again.

Paul