[OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.

Subject: [OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 17:29:52 -0400
It's rather hard to find in the review but if you read
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V700/page_13.htm>
you'll see that the scanner produced much better film scan results when
the film height adjusters were set to other than the factory supplied
position.

So much better, in fact, that after the setting change the reviewer
declares the V700 to produce better film scan results than the Nikon
4000 dedicated film scanner.  This is exactly the opposite of his first
opionion of the scanner.

Someone testing the V750 who didn't know this little tidbit might
declare much worse performance.

Chuck Norcutt