[OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.

Subject: [OM] Re: Holy cow, Batman. $460 for a new e-1.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:42:39 +0200
  posted before but these are some results from my testing on
kodachromes judge for yourselves.

100 per cent crop from V700 scan   (colour matches original slide better
than nikon)
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/60002768-M.jpg

100 per cent crop from nikon coolscan V
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/60002766-M.jpg

gallery of scans from v700  - all unmodified straight from scanner.
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/1277283

It's all about compromise, for me the v700 is good enough and more
convenient than the competition at the moment, so whilst some reviews
may knock it, I don't think it can be described as a poor performer

IanW